January 13, 2007

The Gospel According to ESCAPE

A little bit about me.

I have always lived where I live now. I've never desired to move. Went to school here in southwestern Oklahoma, took a job here, raised a family here. I will most assuredly die here.

I enjoy good music, good movies, good comics, and good television. And yes, I will be letting you know what constitutes "good", according to the gospel of escape. I am sure you will be hanging to my every word on each subject.

Bought my first computer in 1993 at the urging of my daughter. Soon became horribly addicted to sitting in front of it and letting it suck the marrow out of my brain. I don't think I was the first to suffer from this addiction, but perhaps I was. I dunno.

I began "networking" with others who shared similar interests. By 1996 I was emailing, websurfing and chatting on IRC with folks from around the globe. Made many friends, some quite close, and whose friendships I hold on to, to this day.

My nickname or "nick" throughout all of this was escape. Seemed to be a fitting one. Work and stress and "real life" gotcha down? Just hop online and allow yourself to e-s-c-a-p-e, right?

Anyway, 10 years later, and countless connections/conversations/data sharing/collection building/etc later... its safe to say that computer purchase I made back in '93 was a good one. The nick "escape" continues to work for me, so I suppose I will keep it for awhile longer.......



From the Escape Archives... Originally Posted on 2-26-04

1 comment:

Mmmbacon said...

Ok, escape the cats outta the bag, we expect daily updates now!