January 13, 2007

Where Were We?

Its been a REALLY rowdy summer in Escapeland. Haven't had much time to blog, or scan comics, or catch up on my email. I've always placed a priority on..... well, my priorities. This summer has certainly tested THAT to the max.

Needless to say, I'm back. And what better way to celebrate my return than to give out my Frito Chili Pie recipe. There IS no better way, bucko.

Escape's Frito Chili Pie
==============

1 12oz canned chili (Wolf, Austex, or if your desperate, Hormel)
1 18oz bag of Fritos (Regular, NOT the big Dip style chip)
1 small white onion (diced finely)
1 tablespoon Frenchs mustard
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (sharp is best)

Dump Fritos in big bowl, add chili, onion, mustard, relish and garnish with cheese on top.



Yes, I agree, its a tad complicated... but trust me, its worth the 2 hours in the kitchen. Actually, the BEST way to eat this is directly out of a Fritos bag, sitting on a bleacher seat at a summer softball game. But your mileage may vary.

From the Escape Archives... Originally Posted on 9-9-04

No comments: